DSA – LLP IN MUSIC AND PERFORMING ARTS
PRSS extends our warmest invitation to all Primary 6 students to apply for direct admission to our Secondary One via the Direct School Admission (DSA – Sec) Exercise.
At PRSS, we embrace the arts and have a vibrant artistic culture. You will have a CCA experience of a lifetime by participating in our Performing Arts groups, which include the Choir, Concert Band, Chinese Orchestra, Drama, and Modern Dance. We aim for all our Pasirians to be cultured citizens, reflective learners, and creative performers. You will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the arts, creating and experimenting with different art forms, while achieving artistic excellence.
In addition to the regular practices during CCA days, you will extend your talents and interests through exchanges with other institutions, masterclasses, and camps. We will groom you to be confident performers through the numerous performance opportunities. Our Pasirians have participated in prominent national and regional performances such as Spring Surprise at Gardens by the Bay, Limelight at the Esplanade, A Beautiful Life at Victoria Concert Hall, and Arts Fiesta at Tampines Hub. Our Performing Arts groups have been consistent top performers at the Biennial Singapore Youth Festival.
With our firm belief in maximizing our Pasirians’ potential, talented Pasirians will be offered a place in our Music Accreditation Program with ABRSM / NAFA.
If you are talented in Music and the Performing Arts and wish to shine in a supportive environment, we invite you to join our Pasirian family.
LLP Talent Areas
|DSA Main Category||DSA Talent Area|
|Performing Arts||Modern Dance|
|Performing Arts||English Drama|
|Performing Arts||Chinese Orchestra|
|Performing Arts||Concert Band|
- Have a keen sense of aesthetics, potential and interest to deepen knowledge and skill in music or one of the performing arts.
- Demonstrate positive personal dispositions and learning attitudes towards music and the performing arts.
Students without any prior experience or formal training in the performing arts but demonstrate the above traits are encouraged to apply.
Please note that meeting all the criteria does not guarantee the student will be shortlisted/given an offer.
Applicants will be shortlisted based on:
- School and Non-school based Awards / Activities which may comprise their school-based performances and/ or participation in relevant competitions.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo an interview and an audition.
- For all applicants who are not studying in MOE mainstream primary schools, please refer to https://go.gov.sg/nmsdsa-sec-application.
- International Students may apply but must take part in and fulfil the requirements of the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) test to be successful in DSA.
Centralised DSA-Sec Application Process
Application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 4 May 2023, 11am to 31 May 2023, 3pm. For more details, please refer to MOE website – www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec
- Certified true copies of certificates / documentary proof for the non-school based awards and activities may be requested for shortlisted applicants.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of the application by 11 Sep 2023. Candidates who are given a Confirmed Offer are guaranteed a place in our school in a course which they are eligible for (Express, Normal Academic or Normal Technical) based on their PSLE results.
- No appeal will be entertained as the school’s decision on the offer is final.
|Application through the centralised DSA-Sec Portal
|4 May 2023, 11am – 31 May 2023, 3pm|
|Notification of Interview/ Audition/ Trial for shortlisted applicants||26 Jun 2023 - 8 Sep 2023|
|Outcome of application (Confirmed Offer, Waiting List, Rejected)||By 11 Sep 2023|
|Students with CO or WL offer will receive notification on the School Preference Submission||End Oct 2023|
|Submission of school preferences via the DSA-Sec Portal||23 Oct 2023 – 27 Oct 2023|
|Release of DSA-Sec results with PSLE results release||Late Nov 2023|
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school, and participate in the activities related to the talent they are selected for from Sec 1 - 4.
*For any inquiries, please call the General Office at 65010800.